If I Say It
If I said, I’ll say it, you won’t have to guess,
or wonder or hear it from anyone else,
I’m simple you see, if I said then I’ll say,
it's all I really know how to do anyway.
I can’t buy opinions, they’re all too finicky,
snippets and tidbits of what others believe,
for all their own reasons, for all their own measures,
they hold no real value, and even fewer are treasured.
If I say it then believe me, I’ll know what was said,
you won’t have to trouble or befuddle me head
or tinker and toddle around with a lead,
I’ll say what I said and what I believe.
But because you don’t ask, because you don’t care,
I won’t make a stink of it or double your dare,
I’ll smile my plain smile and thank you the same,
send you well wishes and bid you good day.
Good day to all,
Jade Dane Jaspers © August 20th, 2025