A Most Pleasant Situation
Living, a most pleasant situation to find oneself in from day to day,
full of all sorts of things: food, places, people, activities,
work, gardening, gathering and sharing time
in life with many others who are very much the same.
Living, doing what compels them, what intrigues them,
what bays them to participate and interlope among others
who like ourselves are very much alive.
Living, a most reliable way of entertaining oneself
within eternity which sees us all the same.
Encumbered by such trifles as opinion and logistics,
(trying to replace security provided by human qualities into algorithms,)
very sure, I’m sure, that we’ve all gone off our rockers,
making mountains out of mole hills and dredging history for our future,
sorting and separating the things which both elate and agitate us,
as we decide what should be carried forward and what should be left behind.
Living, a most consistent way of avoiding death,
happily complimenting our own right of passage
on the earth, as we each take our delegated places
among those already living, which by and large
have done most of our learning for us, handing down knowledge from one generation
to another then another until we have had opportunity to revise
the missed avenues and overlooked quandaries not knowable in their day.
Living, a most hospitable occupation for most of us
realizing how wonderful being alive actually is from day one.
Saturated with tears, the first expressions of our infancy,
finding our sight daily, smiling and cooing our recognitions,
our alertness, our sleepiness, our wanderings, our imaginations,
each of us composed of excitement and disappointments,
which as we all learn gives us our passport to the rest of the world.
How we receive it, how we believe it, how we accept it and how we reject it.
Living, a most exhilarating facet of oneself and self owned eagerness.
Sure to disappoint those who don’t agree with me
as they are all too eager to do so and if I might say so, I find quite hilarious,
as most of them expect that I would, I’m sure.
After all, it is my way of being alive, living, grasping every fine detail
of this incredible experience given to me to live.
Ah, living. Whether here on the page or out and about the house, I love it.
©Jade Dane Jaspers