Something So Wonderful

I know nothing about meddlesome men or tireless wars,

I know nothing about dying dreams or useless ambitions,

I know nothing about shirking goodness to offer another person,

I know nothing about forsaking what is decent to harm others

but I do know about people and how very much we are all the same.


Regardless of classifications, ethnic nations or locality, 

I do know we all carry our own burdens, our own desires, our own aim,

to make what we will of this life we have now, the only one we know,

to make do and make more of all we can accomplish, somehow,

and that in us something wonderful, something mysterious lives.


Something so wonderful man first called it God.  


I know nothing about useless moments for mine are always purposed,

whether they're there for me to relax, or there for me to make busy,

whether they're there for me to decide, or there for me to wonder,

I know nothing about global plotting in order to subdue and control

but I do know about people and how very much we all have to gain.


Whether it be another day to work in a garden, whether it be a day for rain,

whether it brings a celebration or a disappointment from something frayed,

there’s always so much for each of us to embrace as we live along our way,

salutations, benedictions, whispers, laughter, food for thought, 

yes, I do know much about people but as for wars and meddlesome men ...

I know nothing.


Jade Dane Jaspers

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip