Something Today

While I was looking for something today, something to start a writing to say
a little bit different than I have before I wondered what, where, and for what for?
I thought of the evening, tomorrow and then, I thought about you, my all weather friend.
I remembered your smile, your voice, your laughter then thought much more about you there after
while I was going on my merry way throughout a normal regular day.
I didn't look for good, I looked for the better, that keeps us both jovial and most of all together,
in memories that gather from time to time to present themselves casually as they're designed,
to inspire a hope of having again the unabridged happiness that is found in a friend
who visits daily in some type of way and always has something encouraging to say.
Without all the moping, and drudgery, that tries to defy the world as we see
an idea that could possibly exists somewhere, in this day and age, because somebody dared
to see a future where people like we would need more than a telephone or a TV
to take us away on a journey in time in search of a treasure that we could find
sharing with another a day like today when there was nothing much to say.
Except the usual day to day things and oh what joy those days bring
even though we don't talk as much as some others do about such and such
we cling to the doings and happenings that we experienced while pattering
around the ideas that were on display in sceneries and smells throughout the day
while we lingered in the other's company knowing that today was the day to be
ours forever in some special way, with memories to comfort our lives on the days
when life has brought us nothing much more than memorable moments from our lives before.

Jade Dane Jaspers 

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip