Live Today And Call It Good
It was the kind of day where...
I didn't have everything I wanted, then again I seldom do
but I had everything I needed to live today and call it good.
The kind of day where no living matter interrupted my ideas or routine
the kind of day that held included good conversation, traveling with a friend,
every day people in quaint locations, dinner at my favorite restaurant,
enjoying my favored dinner dish and the impeccable ambiance,
shopping, smiles, laughs and sharing a sunset of colors, a waxing moon,
music, writing, and of course my fondly treasured thoughts of you.
Included always, every day, no matter where I am or doing
or how the circumstance persuade, thoughts of you are always blooming,
creating a garden of pleasantness to tend to daily as I choose
with kind and tender gentleness, our relationship to keep renewed.
Never think, not for one moment, I don't care about your days
never think that I forgot you, I carry your smile with me always
inside my thoughts, inside my mind, to help me when I feel life's weight
and send to you a loving prayer to find you, guide you, on your way.
Safely on your daily journeys where my eyes can't see you go
and bring you once again to tell me all the goodness you found unfold.
Maybe on a day such as this...
I didn't have everything I wanted, then again I seldom do
but I had everything I needed to live today and call it good.
The kind of day where no living matter interrupted my ideas or routine
the kind of day that held included good conversation, traveling with a friend,
every day people in quaint locations, dinner at my favorite restaurant,
enjoying my favored dinner dish and the impeccable ambiance,
shopping, smiles, laughs and sharing a sunset of colors, a waxing moon,
music, writing, and of course my fondly treasured thoughts of you.
Included always, every day, no matter where I am or doing
or how the circumstance persuade, thoughts of you are always blooming,
creating a garden of pleasantness to tend to daily as I choose
with kind and tender gentleness, our relationship to keep renewed.
Never think, not for one moment, I don't care about your days
never think that I forgot you, I carry your smile with me always
inside my thoughts, inside my mind, to help me when I feel life's weight
and send to you a loving prayer to find you, guide you, on your way.
Safely on your daily journeys where my eyes can't see you go
and bring you once again to tell me all the goodness you found unfold.
Maybe on a day such as this...
when you don't have everything you want, then again you seldom do,
but you have everything you need to live the day and call it good.
Jade Dane Jaspers