Forgive Me If I Sound Catty
Forgive me if I sound catty but the clowns got in my way
so I suppose, that once again, I will choose my sane
despite the prodding instruments about me on display
I'll relax into my thoughts and from there explain
I haven't one ounce of a mind that wants more than I should
time that's needed, on a morning, where I rather would
bring myself a brand new day to live more than all else
including plan to rid my mind out of forged, fake rifts
which wax and wane, more than the moon, silent in the sky
charging earth to be its shadow than reveal the why
it holds us here in our own place, away from the bright sun,
provider of all living things where all of life spun from
the trees, the flowers, the butterflies, the birds of endless spring
the clouds, the fog, the honey bees, the rainbow and the rain.
Forgive me if I sound catty but the clowns got in my way
as I with words began to write a place where words create
in spite of mockers poking jokes to which I think absurd
because I love the visions made from dabbling in words
like little phrases gathered here for nothing not much more
than an escape from everyday to where I can enjoy
bringing new into existence, another view allowed
where so few will dare to go and rather to bow out
as I project a worded scene built in shapes of image
what I see when left to roam a long, lost thriving village,
seen among the morning light of the eastern sky
to share a laugh there as I go and it need not to hide
inside the pictures of a world meant to enrich life
as I ponder ever onward a word mirage surreal
which cheers to us, both me and you, for something more than real
what can I say, it's just my way, myself alone to please
then lay to sleep, my soul to keep, in comfort and at ease
ignoring huckster muscle mouths which really don't know how
to give my life any meaning among them and their clowns.
so I suppose, that once again, I will choose my sane
despite the prodding instruments about me on display
I'll relax into my thoughts and from there explain
I haven't one ounce of a mind that wants more than I should
time that's needed, on a morning, where I rather would
bring myself a brand new day to live more than all else
including plan to rid my mind out of forged, fake rifts
which wax and wane, more than the moon, silent in the sky
charging earth to be its shadow than reveal the why
it holds us here in our own place, away from the bright sun,
provider of all living things where all of life spun from
the trees, the flowers, the butterflies, the birds of endless spring
the clouds, the fog, the honey bees, the rainbow and the rain.
Forgive me if I sound catty but the clowns got in my way
as I with words began to write a place where words create
in spite of mockers poking jokes to which I think absurd
because I love the visions made from dabbling in words
like little phrases gathered here for nothing not much more
than an escape from everyday to where I can enjoy
bringing new into existence, another view allowed
where so few will dare to go and rather to bow out
as I project a worded scene built in shapes of image
what I see when left to roam a long, lost thriving village,
seen among the morning light of the eastern sky
to share a laugh there as I go and it need not to hide
inside the pictures of a world meant to enrich life
as I ponder ever onward a word mirage surreal
which cheers to us, both me and you, for something more than real
what can I say, it's just my way, myself alone to please
then lay to sleep, my soul to keep, in comfort and at ease
ignoring huckster muscle mouths which really don't know how
to give my life any meaning among them and their clowns.
Jade Dane Jaspers