Entertaining Ideas

Who knows why I write what I write

I simply write to write

a habit of mine acquired years ago

not meant for anything other than what it is

an idea whispering in my mind

usually from lack of conversation with others

because the scenario is of something becoming

from its very beginning a foundation of creation

something immensely needing to originate

never meant to demean or cause angst.


Who knows why I write what I write

I simply write just to write

a hobby of mine I dedicate myself to

my mistress, if you will, always there for me

in many a moment of every given day

allowing what will write to drip across a page

never meant to bring harm or dismay to others

and if by chance it does, please excuse me.


I'm only a writer you see and we tend to be

how do you say, adventurous with our thinking

more absorbed than some, not always more than others

because we face our words daily as they entreat us

in the moments we have with them

observing what might best suit them as they grow

what might encourage a broader perspective

or limit it as far as that goes

depending the topic and our objective

in order to provide an imagination to explore itself.


Yes, that's it,  that's all writing really is anyways

a place people can explore with their minds

not harboring animosities or hostilities

only presenting them to be and hopefully resolve

in a manner best fitting the situation.

I'm only a writer, you see, entertaining ideas

the door to my mind always open

to what it might find when I step through the threshold

of a door in a town where a person is about to be

and there’s music and scents and colors and sound.  


Jade Jaspers


Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip