Therefore I Relish

I relish in small moments of awkward thinking

Or some people call it awkward, while I call it opportunity

Then allow it to run freely as it will through my mind

In any ole way it decides it can be for me to decide 

Which way I prefer most


I relish in moments of blank nothingness

Or some people call it nothingness, while I call it reprieve

From all other stimuli that pervades in both doses large and small

All vying for my attention one way or another

Hoping to find their own way in


I relish in moments of becoming aware 

Or some people call it aware, while I call it interrupted

From a task of my own where I am wholly involved 

With something other than a necessary priority

Only long enough to decide, good idea


I relish in moments of learning anew

Or some people call it anew, while I call it revisiting

A place or a time where something overlooked is found

Something un-noted is commemorated 

Because of gained importance in my mind, later


I relish in moments of taking on tasks

Or some people call it tasks, while I call it discovery

As a new event unfolds, a new project presents itself,

A different view is offered in a different field

Outside of my usual know ways


I relish in moments of completion, success

Or some people call it completion, while I call it new beginnings

New beginnings with older skills, new beginnings with fresher learning

New beginnings in the planning of a proposal

Usually drawn from something found inspiring along my way


I relish in moments of knowing

Or some people call it knowing, while I call it averages

Averaging in all the basic knowledge that might else wise be denied

In or with, about, situations and circumstances

Freely to be decided on what, when and how


I relish in every moment, I relish with them too

I relish because I am phenomenal, I relish because I am plain

I relish in all of the highlights, I relish in all of the low notes

I relish because I am a person of many persuasions

I relish because… I am alive, therefore I relish


Relish.


Jade Jaspers

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip