I'm Always Writing


Image generated by Meta Al
"I'm Always Writing" written by Jade Dane Jaspers

I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining,
I'm always plotting a scheme
wrapped in a dream of far away scenes
where all that I can imagine is free just to be
then be a memory to fill in a day away from reality
where everyday people become something special.

I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining,
I'm always allowing what could be to dream,
where it wants to be, what it would become,
what I can best make it.

I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining,
I'm always in the throes of some vision beyond eyes.
Beyond what I would otherwise explain,
yearning to explain what is see-able, do-able,
needing a line of sentences that stretch across mountains,
dive into caves, wanders across hillsides,
to satisfy my mind,
to calm my adventurous spirit in search of its freedom,
digging through tunnels among gnarled tree roots
to face the light of day.

I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining,
I'm always in search of a place yet to be,
a face to see, a river surrounded by trees,
a person to describe, a family, a tribe,
who is a whole person, who isn't precisely defined,
who in my mind's eye is a sight for sore eyes,
wanting to be acknowledged,
wanting to materialize, wanting their own rights,
in a life where they live, alive and unbound,
ambitious and mature,
ready for the world and whatever might be in it.

I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining,
I'm always one thought away from a doorway
that opens into a room some empty, some full
of furniture and people, lights and sounds,
smells, good or bad, food and starvation.
I'm always writing,
I'm always imagining, Something I can't otherwise find.
 

Jade Dane Jaspers © August 11th, 2023

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip