The Ballad of Percival Pur


The Ballad of Percival Pur


A kitten small with whiskers long, full of play and feist

Boldly bounding on a string that he finds rather nice

Then plundering a plastic bag to escape its rustles 

Sneaking in a darkened cabinet in search of water bottles

A lid he finds the chase is on as it attempts escape

From his swatting paw that swiped the cap along its way

A celebrating swish of tail relays the purs success

As he circles ‘round his prey patting out his test 


Then across the floor he soars in zig zag patterns sprite

Full force he plods upon a couch then zips right out of sight

Bounding up the stairs he runs no foe can catch him now

This mighty cat in his own world acclaimed with his own meow

“Adventure fun now has begun the day is mine alone

I shall not rest, I will not stop until I have dethroned

The bore from human minds who watch me as I scat to play

As they walk and sit and stand around in human ways.” 


Jade Jaspers  


Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip