Looking and Thinking

 

It’s late, I’m awake making coffee

Looking and thinking, thinking and looking

Letting my mind ingest what will sooth it

What will calm it 

What will speak to it in hushed tones

Like a lullaby to a discontented infant

Allowing what’s viewed to take hold of my imagination

As it did the artist from whose brush it came

I’m looking and thinking, thinking and looking

Wondering what made the hand of the painter first swish

Where she found her great boldness to dip brush into paints

To be a vessel for light to flood through her being

In this menagerie of coloring poured out on her page

I’m looking and thinking, thinking and looking

Over hundreds of colors so vibrantly blending 

In patterns, in swaths, in endless seas of beginnings

I’m looking and thinking what she must really see

Staring at her blank canvas untainted by mark or etch

Preparing palette for the flow of vitality that finds her

In small nuances looking for a place to express itself

I’m looking and thinking, thinking and looking

Not for anything in particular, not for anything at all

Just for something to go with my coffee when it’s late and I’m awake,

Looking and thinking,

Thinking and looking.    Jade Jaspers

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip