It Doesn't Matter

 

It was in that very moment, that undefinable moment, where all else failed to matter

Not for want, not for lack of, not for any other reason in the entire world around me

It simply didn’t matter.  Nor did I want it to. For it was as it is, of no matter at all

Not important in the least, completely outside of anything that holds any reason

A gushing of sporadic nonsense that was exclusively for me, made by me and only me.

I can still remember the freedom, I can still remember the discovery, I can still remember

Looking into the eyes of eternity from where I entered into it some decades ago 

Feeling absolutely human in every inch of my being knowing that moment didn’t matter.

Like this you’re reading now.  It doesn’t matter.  It’s merely a moment of time

Decided by light in its multi faceted definitions of milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours

Before and after what it was a second or so ago adding constantly never rescinding 

Pouring itself freely into our lives as we decide on what really matters.  


Jade Jaspers

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip