The Real Me
It is the most honest me
the one who cares not for other peoples opinionsthe one who wishes not to be involved in others lives
not their egotistic struggles, not their conflicts, not their affairs
daily or other.
The truest me,
The person who can sit for hours aimlessly considering situations
in make believe places with make believe faces
considering a personality, pondering eventful non events
to plunder for something compelled from inside me
something I don't understand, something real all the same.
If not, I am lost in want of myself in need of something platonic, legible
as others around me find themselves everyday
in spouses, in business, in gratifications that elude me
dangling as rotten fruits in the path to myself
the one always waiting to remind me that it is still in great need
of my basic affections to care for it, to acknowledge it, to welcome it in
me, myself, unrestrained and full of life.
I have no great goal in my doing of this life
I have no real need for applause or ovations
I only know what it is that completes all my thinking,
satisfies my ambitions to remain true to my urging, to be the realest me I can be
productive in all things both mind and matter
clearing away falsities of others expectations or obliging renditions
of if you're really this then your that designations.
How can you not know this, I ask myself of others
I suppose your satisfactions come from greater things than this
while mine rise from the doings of
being active in my life in every way that I can find
to do a thing as well as I can do it then improve as I know how.
The truest me
ready for an adventure through vocabulary, eager for the first step
to see where it will take me to teach me what I can learn
to add color to my day to day and bring patience to consideration
hoping that in a moment where I am wildly writing out an idea
I find a sentence or a phrase that makes an impression in expression
that will linger in my eternity as a memento of my friendship
with words and writing and being the truest me.
Jade Jaspers