Clarity of Flower


The world outside so drab and drear ran through my thoughts today

with nothing good at all to see nor nothing good to say
in tiddly taunts of quivering that bring men to their knees
when they lay hold to firm themselves in what the world believes
"Get off your butt and go outside find something to do,"
said the memory of a flower that I once spoke to
"The trials of life are no more busy than a flower here
which weathers seasons bright and glum blooming without care."

"But this is wrong and so is that," I fretted on and on
"Blah, blah, blah and yeah, yeah, yeah," the flower said with yawn
"And that tree standing in the grass is much bigger than me
yet gives me comfort from the sun and blocks the winds stout breeze.
So I may keep my leaf and pistol safely here instead
to make sure that the tiny bees are well kept and well fed."

"Have you no care for me today," I asked the blooming flower
"I put you here to tend to you so we could pass the hours,
talking kindly day to day while you grow to bloom,
now here you are forsaking me just like those who doom
everyday to their own way without the care of others
how could you bring yourself to such my lovely little flower?"

The flower raised its head and face to show me once again
all it had grown from the day I tucked it safely in
the dirt to be a treat for me when I saw it there
growing from the care I gave for us a moment share
on days when life was burdened from the want and care of others
and whispered soft, "I'm as you wished a treasure like no other."

"Do not trouble me with frets, do not trouble you,
there's many flowers here about bringing forth in bloom
the scents of life so fragrantly in colors bright aplenty
I can not understand the minds of those who have not any
just like you, my gardener, who tends to me so well
lay down the troubles of the world and sit with me a spell,

Let not your mind attempt to find a place among the burdens
that belong to others casting troubles forth as problems
so that us two here now me you will recognize our lives
as something gifted to the world keeping our full stride
in growing, caring, blooming, resting 'neath natures gentle changes
demanding not an explanation from childish, cumbered strangers."

Twas then I found the clarity the flower had to give
was then I understood the wisdom from such a simple friend
was then the moment all the worries presented me that day
fell to ground, forgot themselves and swept cleanly away
into the world from whence they came back to their own kind
while little flower and myself regained our strength and mind.

Jade Jaspers





    

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip