You are Invited
Every now and again I wonder around in my mind
Thinking about the future and what's there to find
The past was the lesson, the present the molding
The future is open to lives that are unfolding
In places with people with music and words
Clothing to dress in endless attired moods
Will I be thankful, yes always without end
Will I have family, neighbors, and friends
To invite to the goodness that I want to create
For me and for them on every given day
I have to live now, I want to live then
Will the future be ours to win and begin
A greatness unheard of for such a day as
The separation that spreads now through our lands
Will we laugh, will we smile, will we dance or cry
There's so many versions and styles we could try
Of moments in places where we are together
Running through airports sporting the weather
With umbrellas and hats, thick coats and mittens
Puppy's to snuggle, foods cooking in a kitchen
A cup of warm coffee, or maybe cold tea
There's so much to live for, to grow for, to see
I wonder if others think anything like me
Under dark clouds that rumble above trees
While they hurry in rush to avoid drops of rain
I greet the thunder politely, welcoming it again
To the life that I'm living in the here and the now
With no need to bow out or to allow
Some needless depression to capture my soul
When all I need do is to learn to take hold
Of a thought that will raise me up out of this place
And take me forward to a new time and space
Where I'm in a company of one or even more
With things to do daily so we all can implore
A life of well being to grow for each of us
Built on our admiration, our loyalties, and trusts
Knowing each other is dedicated solely to
Being what each of us needs through and though
The good and the bad the more and the less
I think of those things on days such as this
When ideas are a plenty bountiful expedition
Waiting on the conditions for their renditions
I employ them to gather into a creation
Greeting them as they take their formations
For what better way than to dream a future in
Than set words in order for them to begin
To change my visions of cultural cataclysms
Into a written adventure that grows a new vision
Where people are welcome to enjoy living
Without all the hassle of worry and envying
What another has what they would take
Enjoying their own without having to forsake
The friendship and loves of their lives they have
Where all is including to join in to make glad
The wealth and the health of the good and the now
It can be if we will by-pass those that scowl
Our want and need of people and of good
That will reshape the lives of all those that would
Invite those gifts for sharing into the places
Where the bonus of worth adds to all of their graces.
Jade Jaspers