Rain Drops and Piano Keys

Rain drops on tree leaves sounds from piano keys
Clouds racing quickly spreading their breezes
Sunlight is streaking in rays through clouds peeping
My mind now daydreaming for somewhere to be
Away from what worries, hustles and hurries
My kindly mind from its natural known ease Rain drops on roof tops, fragrance from coffee pot
I dream that I stop in a quaint little shop
Pastries and pies, teas made of chai, trinkets all to be bought
I dilly, I dally, I search, I meander among many shelves of thought
Pens, stationary, antiquated diaries including both key and lock
Soft, plush stuffed toys, glittering water globes, hats to cover your top Rain drops in puddles, rain drops on window seals
Rain drops now racing to inspire writer's quill
Winds howling, dancing, tree limbs prancing, giving umbrellas a thrill
Swaying and lifting, tugging and pulling, holding on such a drill
While the steps in my mind move easily in strides up daydreaming's hill
Past all the pitfalls, barriers and false calls preferring it to be still Rain drops and piano keys, violin and cellos, wishing in every word
Where silence is golden as it's unfolding a voice that it once heard
Telling a secret of bird wings to flower from the other side of the world
That bees over heard while gardening one day a thin patch of clover on earth
About people finding pleasure in following rain drops giving poetic births
While piano keys plink in melodic harmonies commemorating their mirth

Jade Jaspers

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip