Between the Obvious and the Unknown
No great philosophers here, no burden of thought to ponder, no milestone of delving in purposes, no theory to pillage or blunder. Just moments of enlightenment while the snow falling in cadence with the melodic sounds of musicians blending in harmonies to thoughts in my life became a most cherished moment of living. Where for a time my mind was decorated by atmospheres and overtures stringing in rhythmic patterns amidst the unseen and unnoticeable. Where I am nothing more than the recipient of a passage between the realms of the obvious and the unknown awash in my own imagination where the most appealing and the ever sumptuous allegories of my being are finally appeased in the few moments I am with them. Like a student standing in front of its master absorbing the contents of all its learning, eagerly imbibing the placidity of my own likeness comforted from its histories of experience, dedicated to its present presentation, wanting to again become the acknowledger of its existence as it is in all its complex simplicity, I find life renewed there. In those little moments, where the childlike wonder of my consciousness is filled with the immaculate commemorations of such events I become strengthened in my resolve to enjoy them without hindrance or provocation, without schedule or hesitation as they are presented to me as they become like I have for so many years. Beyond the eyes of a social audience, behind the scenes of everyone's life, I linger in those moments fully alive. Satisfied with their gifting visitations where never a word is spoken or needed for the benefit of its happening. No need for explanation or definition. Only the reminiscences of a lifetime of memories that remind me once again of all the beauty it has beheld unable to explain to another in adequate form what it is, or what it was like, or how it happened to be, those invisible conjoinings of imagination and conditions perfected behind my eyes where no other eye could see. And how for a stitch in time I was transported into a living dream where all the world was right and nothing there was wrong and contentment became my lover underneath the warmth unseen. Dancing fingers across piano keys, hands entwined in winds of bass filled strings, symbols swishing in snowflake swirling scenes as I walked down streetlamp sidewalks home. No need to hurry, no rush to leave, while warmly welcoming winter's scenes feeling like a valuable part in a snow globe as I saunter slowly through the crisp night air inhaling the cold fresh breaths deep into my being while snowflakes melt against my face as if to say we missed you too as the delicate tunes serenade our reunion. I would count our steps together, but they're too many, I would count the days we shared but they're long past, I would recite my thoughts if I could explain them but they fail me alas. In hidden memories where I'm enlightened by something other than a thought and not a word can do them justice but then again how could they not. As I remember all the pleasure they give to me without a defining definition of what those times are supposed to be except a blessing in my life as I lived it as only me.
Jade Jaspers