Too Old and Too Young

I'm too old for nonsense and wasting my time
On other people's needs unsuited with mine
I'm too young for griping, I'm too young for other's ilk 
That destroys my calm and clouds my natural will
I'm too old for biased emotions, I'm too young for fake sentiment 
I'm stubborn to my own ways which are always to compliment
Myself among others for all our best benefit
Without unneeded grief or burdens of resentments
I'm too old to belittle, I'm too young to disrespect
My elders, my betters, or another's intellect
I'm too old for pity parties, I'm too old for lost causes
I'm too young to be discredited for charlatans applause
That never make better, that only cause regret
For anyone who joins their disturbing bets 
I'm too old to listen to a disgrace to my learning
I'm too young to care if someone else is less discerning
As I in my knowledge defending only myself 
Not trying to interpret or be anyone else
Except me who's too old to discredit another life
Too young to harbor them ill will or petty strife
Too old to let others drag me out of my level
Just young enough to know we could all live better
Being too old to curse our own lives
Too young to give in to gripes and false prides
That's only a ploy to make someone else happy
Leaving the rest of us confused and bound angry
To a narrow opinion of who, what we should be
Who don't give two cents if we're contented or free
I'm too old to polish old ways of the past
I'm too young to believe that there's nothing that last
I'm too old to forsake human decency 
And too young to give up the want of all things
That make everyday worth every breath that is breathed
That feeds every hope and appreciates what's received 
From being too old to accept anyone else's judgements
And being too young to believe their condemnations
That taught me what I know about being too young
And showed me being too old is how life is enough.

Jade Jaspers 


Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Frivolity

Alas, The Spring

Road Trip