It Is Then I Remember
It is then I remember the carefree days of gentility
Where the motion of winds were not
And the cool of the day challenged the night
Shining its light brighter than all the stars
Into the face of my memory
Where no one has truthfully been as I know
Nor no one has seen as I've saw to describe its ambitions
Realizing that as the world kept time to its schedules
Imagination lived on in wishes and prayers
Reaching ever outward to a far distant land
Where it remained untainted by obligations
Unharmed by loathsome jealousies or hostility
Providing for itself the sanctity of life
Well nourished and well kept
So that it may exist in all its innocence alive and loved
For the sake of no other reason than for it to thrive
In all of the places where it is welcomed unthreatened.
It is then I remember the magic of appreciation
The adoration of friendship, the godliness of living everyday given me
Without judgement or condemnations for wanting the explorations of life
Where no other journey is forthcoming in a predetermined world
Set in its own ways by its own values
Where the color of an autumn leaf is blended into all color
Rather than the individual shade, shape and distinctive decoration given it
By the many modes of the atmospheres where they gather on trees
Where patterns of gradual change are constantly creating the newness of another day
Into the eons of realities to be individually viewed by the partakers of its viewing.
It is then that I remember the visions in sleep where once I am free
To be transported to where I can see unaided by human or hand
Aloft in the winds gently welcoming me into their presence
Unencumbered by gravities or realities lighter than feather or molecule
Standing atop clouds in both day and night amidst stars and sun, sky and all else
Neither wearied or burdened by earth's weight or expectations
Visually absorbed into the clearness about me as I move through corridors of extensional heavens
Lingering in the ethos where time is not, neither is concept of times nothingness
Alleviating the mindless toils of to (day, morrow, night)
Enlightening the senses of innocence bellowing weightlessness
Neither forced nor motioned among atmospheres of ever after and beyond.
It is then I remember being alive full of life, eager and well rested
Ready for the moments that once again bring me into the realms of all others
Who depend on their need of me and I of them as we journey through times gates
Accepting our earthen lives as our greatest joys, our endless beings
Where living is the language both spoken and unspoken between understanding and appreciation
Knowing the moment is now where we are and leading to where we will be
Together or apart always aware of each the other beyond measure in our blending
Of thoughts, words and deeds so that we become who we are in this our now living
Able to append as we are to each other so as to never short change our oneness
Relying on dedications and ambition to carry us ever onward to destinations
To keep well our own longings for the divinities inside us to ward away all harm
That would otherwise divide us from ourselves in solidarity as our self in individuality.
It is then I remember blades of grass in their infinite sovereignty
Maintaining each their own existence, cool beneath feet on hot summer days
Holding the earth in its gentle grasp adorning both mountains and plains
Teaming with life under its shade springing with flora where wanted
To feed even the smallest creature hidden in its jungles of wilderness far from eyes view
Offering the visitations of many a being to pay it no mind in their journeys hither and forth
As it bends beneath their weight then stretches out again to become once again itself
Frozen by winters waters while hovering close to its roots still maintaining its cycle of life
Older than passing clouds, stronger than ripping winds, cleansing the filth from the air
Enduring forever, covering the earth, keeping it alive as itself a single blade
Maintaining its individuality among all others conjoined with its likeness in all others
Reproducing generations for generations becoming and bequeathing itself to become anew.
It is then I remember water in all its various stages from solidity to fluidity
Evaporating and replenishing itself and all it touches, from mountains to seas
Through both fields and valleys, watering flower and tree, washing away heat
Ebbing and flowing, bringer of life to all people regardless their lot among the living
The carrier of human souls through every tongue and nation
Passing through our existence, ferrying imaginations in countless story and rhyming legend
In need of care as much as our lives so like us it may continue to gift universe and condition
With its mystery of creation without contamination pursued for its values more than gold
Unduplicated in its simplicity or its patience to shape our future,
Its purity our saving strength, its weakness thereof our destruction
Pouring in streams, waving through lakes to channel through rivers
No living thing its enemy, all living things in its demand, awaiting its arrival.
It is then I remember humanity of which I am a part
My breaths and steps along it my deliberate longing to live among it
In my own way as everyone in my birthright given me by creation
As in tears so with laughter as in anger so with my stoic nature
Through my insomnia to my longing for slumber among the softness of my own femininity
Where the gentleness of my thoughts are the truths that holds me softly
Cradling me in hours of restful wonders where no harm or hurt exists
No strength nor logic needed save only to relax and linger in the supple nature of my mind.
Jade Jaspers