Water and Life; Time and Light
I woke from my sleep with fresh thoughts from my dreaming. A variety of visions swirled in ripples of vagueness all present yet flighty leaving no definite impression to their origins or their exits. I carried them through my rising to add as flavoring for my coffee, looking into the warm liquid that gently entices my thinking while waking; then let them evaporate with the steam from my cup to the atmosphere from whence I recalled them.
From there my mind strayed further in search of a new love to wrap in my thoughts for the long hours of my day. What should it look like a face or a place to which I could bring all my curiosities?
Then I return to you my love, knowing you the way that I do. Comparing every new possible lover to all that makes you, you; and all that makes me adore you, and all the moments that I bathed you in my observations of expressions and all the accommodations of my want to admire your essence in every possible moment I could find to steal from the demands of boredom. I try to superimpose the personifications of your natural attractions to make up for the lack I still see in all others knowing it is unfair to them in our moments to still be so childishly infatuated with your likeness, your luring, your incomparable nature that ever confidently calms my anxious spirit. Their voices fail to call to me the way your quite breaths of calm ease into my knowing that you are in want of my presence as much as I am yours. Their colorful displays fall short of your subtle seductions of giving color to my placid visions. Their words are lost on my hearing, their momentous overtures of wanted attentions lay at my feet as in-walk-able distances of paths I wish not to walk knowing the emptiness to be found at their intended destinations of my searching. Their offerings of pleasure never satisfying my thirsts.
I question my wondering, I debate myself among my ideas, I shove my thoughts of your entity from my mind determined to forge forward while all the while your indomitable tranquility reminds me of your presence; defies me of your absence and playfully giggles at my prying knowing that we are as inseparable as water and life; time and light.
I would pray that your being not permeate the every fiber of my living yet I know that it would only be a wasted prayer. For the time birthed minutes of my existence were always embedded in the eternal presence of your essence coalescing between the truths of need and want finding only what is recognizable as ourselves. As is this now we are living today, as is your way with me; knowing I would search for something new to indulge my life of thoughts in while you practically welcome my indulgence never showing disapproval.
Maybe then again your intent was just that. That I would search in vain only to find that yours was my only way to satisfy the voyage of both mind and soul as I endeavored to live among such a thing as society's offerings of instant gratifications, quick lived exchanges, and deploring false dramas that serve no one at heart only at the moment. Where I sit now near laughing how I still linger in my thoughts of you, rather than search for another only to be with you for the moment.
Jade Jaspers
From there my mind strayed further in search of a new love to wrap in my thoughts for the long hours of my day. What should it look like a face or a place to which I could bring all my curiosities?
Then I return to you my love, knowing you the way that I do. Comparing every new possible lover to all that makes you, you; and all that makes me adore you, and all the moments that I bathed you in my observations of expressions and all the accommodations of my want to admire your essence in every possible moment I could find to steal from the demands of boredom. I try to superimpose the personifications of your natural attractions to make up for the lack I still see in all others knowing it is unfair to them in our moments to still be so childishly infatuated with your likeness, your luring, your incomparable nature that ever confidently calms my anxious spirit. Their voices fail to call to me the way your quite breaths of calm ease into my knowing that you are in want of my presence as much as I am yours. Their colorful displays fall short of your subtle seductions of giving color to my placid visions. Their words are lost on my hearing, their momentous overtures of wanted attentions lay at my feet as in-walk-able distances of paths I wish not to walk knowing the emptiness to be found at their intended destinations of my searching. Their offerings of pleasure never satisfying my thirsts.
I question my wondering, I debate myself among my ideas, I shove my thoughts of your entity from my mind determined to forge forward while all the while your indomitable tranquility reminds me of your presence; defies me of your absence and playfully giggles at my prying knowing that we are as inseparable as water and life; time and light.
I would pray that your being not permeate the every fiber of my living yet I know that it would only be a wasted prayer. For the time birthed minutes of my existence were always embedded in the eternal presence of your essence coalescing between the truths of need and want finding only what is recognizable as ourselves. As is this now we are living today, as is your way with me; knowing I would search for something new to indulge my life of thoughts in while you practically welcome my indulgence never showing disapproval.
Maybe then again your intent was just that. That I would search in vain only to find that yours was my only way to satisfy the voyage of both mind and soul as I endeavored to live among such a thing as society's offerings of instant gratifications, quick lived exchanges, and deploring false dramas that serve no one at heart only at the moment. Where I sit now near laughing how I still linger in my thoughts of you, rather than search for another only to be with you for the moment.
Jade Jaspers